This research position will primarily involve work on a project entitled “The Refugee Teacher Academy” (RTA) a year-long teacher-training program. RTA is an initiative that works towards the advancement of fundamental pedagogical concepts while addressing challenges embedded in conflict and crisis. It aims to establish an independent academy that works towards effecting transformational change through on-going professional development for teachers working with refugee and highly vulnerable children and youth.
The researcher will be actively involved in the field work and research of the project, coordinating with partners, as well as other administrative activities under the supervision of the RTA Project Coordinator.
- Conduct fieldwork which includes coordinating and attending meetings to ensure the efficient implementation of the project activities;
- Organize the teacher recruitment sessions in close coordination with relevant organizations;
- Support the research and assessment activities within the scope of the project;
- Coordinate activities relevant to the project such as advisory committee meetings, lectures, panel discussions, and workshops;
- Follow-up, with the support of AUB administrative staff, on the administrative procedures of the project, data collection, archiving, travel arrangements, and expense reports among others;
- Prepare reports, meeting minutes, and other briefings on the progress of the project;
- Conduct research and support the proposals writing to ensure continued funding for the project.
- Master’s degree in education studies, social sciences, or a relevant field. Candidates working towards their master’s degree with relevant research experience will also be considered;
- Two to three years’ work experience;
- Excellent command of English and Arabic (spoken, read, and written). Prior research experience in Arabic is highly recommended;
- Excellent writing, administrative and organizational skills;
- Able to travel to all regions in Lebanon;
- Experience using NVivo or other qualitative data analysis programs is a plus;
- Ability to work pro-actively, independently and efficiently.
Applicants must send a cover letter, a CV, and the names of two references with full contact information to Ms. Widyan Al Shaar at: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title: RA Position for the RTA.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is on July 23, 2019 at noon.