The Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) is a regional, independent, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening social science research and knowledge production in the Arab world.
The ACSS is recruiting for the following position (based in Beirut):
Program & Research Manager who will be responsible for:
- Developing, establishing and overseeing one or more programs of the ACSS;
- Coordinating with all stakeholders in relation to these programs.
- Plans, designs, implements, administers and evaluates assigned programs.
- Works closely with all the program/s stakeholders including grantees, consultants, selection committee members, and others.
- Prepares and administers program budgets, with administrative oversight.
- Coordinates with the Finance & Administration Manager on all legal, financial and administrative matters related to the programs.
- Monitors grantees’ progress, reviews their reports and prepares reports as needed by the ACSS management and/or the funders.
- Analyzes policies and procedures to improve program efficiency and effectiveness
- Develops programs to create community awareness of service availability.
- Assists the Director General in fundraising activities and preparation of proposals.
PhD in Social Sciences or any of its disciplines
Knowledge, Technical Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years management of similar activities;
- Experience with budgeting, and program planning and administration;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in Arabic and English. French is an asset.
Salary and benefits package are commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to email a cover letter, CV and references to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.